If your loved one has recently received acute care in a hospital or surgery center and your doctor has informed you that additional rehabilitation time is necessary, Legacy TCR is the place for you. Whether a resident requires physical therapy to get back on their feet, occupational therapy to get back to everyday life, or speech therapy, our team has the expertise and experience for a successful transition.
A bridge between hospital and home
Why Post-Acute Rehabilitation?
We use a multidisciplinary therapy approach to ensure our residents have a recovery plan tailored to their needs.
- Neuromuscular interventions which can include static/dynamic balance for sitting and standing activities to decrease falls and prevent further injuries
- Intense training in the areas of bed mobility, transfers, and gait to enhance mobility and function 12% of our staff have been with us for more than 15 years
- Musculoskeletal system interventions that aim to reduce inflammation and improve strength for individuals suffering from tendonitis, sprains, fractures, and arthritis
- Amputation intervention which includes pre-prosthetic training and prosthetic training
Our Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy Assistants develop and implement the following:
- Activities for daily living skills such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Sensorimotor intervention to improve strength, endurance, range of motion, coordination, and balance
- Therapeutic activities for memory, orientation, cognitive integration, and daily living skills
- Perceptual testing and training to maximize functional abilities and safety
- Splint fabrication
- Feeding assessments to establish adaptive equipment needs to maximize functional ability
- Skilled recommendations for seating and positioning devices
- Community re-integration skills and Environmental Adaptations
- Receptive and Expressive Communication
We are committed to providing treatment and therapy related to disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles.
This includes the necessary psychological and physical therapy and necessary to navigate the changes caused by an amputation.
We are trained to help our prosthesis residents reorient their center of gravity, and improve weight bearing on the prothesis side of the body through specialized exercises & techniques.
Electrical stimulation can be used to help exercise weak muscles as well as decrease pain after a injury or surgery.
Joint Replacement Therapy
Specialized therapy is required after a joint replacement due to the trauma caused by surgery as the body adapts to reconstructed joint.
- IV Therapy
- Wound Management
- Tracheostomy Management
- Respiratory Services
- Stroke Care
- Cardiac Care
- Pain Management
- Diabetic Management
- Psychiatric Care
Our Five Star Approach
A Community of Skilled Experts
Our physicians, therapists, and nurses are professionally trained to provide a wide range of rehabilitative and medical services.
A Combination of Therapy
We tailor our recovery plan to fit the unique goals and needs of our loved one.
A Culture of Compassion
Our staff is committed to treating the whole resident through patience, understanding, and encouragement.
A Continuum of Care
We are distinctly positioned to offer short-term, long-term, and personal care to our residents.
A Continuation of Support
Our caring workers provide the support and guidance your loved one needs as they return home so their journey of success can continue.
Take the Next Step
The Heart of Legacy
Take time to learn about the Five essentials that lie at the heart of everything we do.
Schedule a Tour
We would be honored to have you visit our campus, so you can see first-hand our passion for the Legacy TCR community.
In addition to a successful rehabilitation plan, it is important to get the medical care you need while you are recovering.